Before beginning the installation process, please make sure you are using the latest version of WordPress and the Theme.
Let’s get started! First, make sure that you have all the necessary things required to install Hotel Vivanta Free
Make sure you have the latest version of WordPress installed, by checking the updates tab from your current WordPress dashboard.If you haven’t downloaded WordPress already, you can download it from the WordPress repository via https://wordpress.org/download/
.After you have the latest version of WordPress, download the theme ZIP file, and save it somewhere handy on your computer, as you will be using the included files for the rest of the installation process.
Step 1: Upload and Activation
There are two methods to install Hotel Vivanta Free theme. You may either upload the zipped theme file using the WordPress theme installer (Recommended), or you can upload the unzipped theme folder via FTP (Advanced).Method 1 ( Recommended) : Install Using the WordPress Theme Installer
Log into your WordPress site and opens the Administration Panel.
- Go to Appearance > Themes in the WordPress Dashboard
- Click on the Add New button.
- Click on the Upload Theme link.
- Click on Choose File, select the hotel-vivanta.zip file from your computer and click upload.
Method 2: Install Using File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
- Click Install Now
- Unzip “hotel-vivanta.zip” file on your computer.
- Login using FTP client to access your host web server.
- Locate the wp-content folder in your WordPress install files.
- Upload the un-zipped hotel-vivanta folder into the: wp-content/themes folder.
For More Information about installing theme using FTP visit :http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Themes#Adding_New_Themes
Activate the theme
- Log in to the WordPress Administration Panel.
- Go to Appearance > Themes in the WordPress menu
- Hover over the theme thumbnail and click the Activate button.
Import Demo Content
Go to Appearance/ Install Plugin and install and activate the recommended plugins from there
After you have installed and activated both of these plugin, Now go to Dashboard/ Appearance/ Import Demo Data. From there you can import demo content for Hotel Vivanta
Home Page Setup like Demo
If you have imported demo content by following above steps then you don’t have to follow this steps because your homepage is already setup like the demo
Step 1: Go to Page, Click on Add New.Step 2: Enter the title (example: Homepage͟).On the right sidebar there you can find Page Attributes, On Template please Select “Frontpage”
Step 3: Click on PublishStep 4: Now go to Settings > Readings.
Choose A Static Page (Select Below).
On Home page select the drop down page you just created above and click on Save Changes
After you have setup the Homepage as mentioned in the above steps, you will be able to use these options
Theme Options are
- Banner Section
- About Option
- Explore Options
- Call to Action Section
- Room Section
- Blog Section
- Prefooter Section
Banner Section includes various fields like title, Button text, button url, background image, social media icons and phone no
For this, Create a new page , give title, add content and add featured image then save it.After That go to customizer/ Theme Options/About Option and choose the page you have just created. Also there is an option to add another title and image
For Explore Slider, only 2 posts will be shown from any choosen category.For this Create 2 new posts , give title, add content and add featured image , add category for the posts then save it. After That go to customizer/ Theme Options/Explore Options and choose the category you have for explore posts
Call to Action Sections
You will find title, butons image fields here
You can showcase different Room posts here.For Rooms, You can show max 4 posts in free version.For this Create a new posts, give title,add category for the posts , add content and add featured image then save it. After That go to customizer/ Theme Options/Room Section and choose the category you have for posts
For Blogs, Create a new posts, give title,add category for the posts , add content and add featured image then save it. After That go to customizer/ Theme Options/Blog Section and choose the category you have for posts
Pre Footer Options
You can show and hide prefooter section from here
Creating postsStep 1: Navigate to Posts in your WordPress admin sidebar.Step 2: Click on the Add New option to make a new post. Create a title, and insert your post content in the editing field.Step 3: Select Post Format from the right side.Step 4: Add categories from the right side. To assign it to the post, check the box next to the category name.Step 5: Add tags from the right side. Type the name of the tag in the field, separate multiple tags with commas.Step 6: you can add featured image. To do so, first click the featured image box, select an image and click the set featured image button.
Step 1: Go to backend. Click Appearance > Menus.Step 2: Enter Menu Name. And assign menu.Step 3: Click on Create Menu.Step 4: Now at the bottom you can find Menu Setting with auto add pages and display location. Click on Primary Menu and click on save. Now view the frontend or homepage for the menu you assigned.
To set up Site Identity,
- Go to Appearance> Customize> Default Settings > Site Identity
- Click Select logo by clicking Select Logo.
- Upload and select the desired image.
- Enter the Site Title and Tagline
- Check Display Header Text for the Site title and Tagline to appear on your homepage.
- Click Select Image under Site Icon
- Upload and select the desired image. (The Site Icon/ favicon is used as a browser and app icon for your site. The recommended Site Icon size is 512*512 pixels.)
- Click Save & Publish.
- Go to Appearance> Customize> Colors
- Change the Header Text Color / Background Color by clicking on the respective Select Color button
- Click Save & Publish.
- Theme Color Option is only available in Premium Version of the theme
- Go to Appearance> Customize> Additional CSS